Monday 1 February 2016

STEPHAN'S SIX - DANNY YOUNG


Since he started acting in 2001 Danny has built up an enviable list of credits, but he is still fondly remembered for his role as Warren Baldwin, Bradley Walsh’s son in Coronation Street. He continued to work as an actor and presenter when he left the soap in 2006 but it was his performances on Dancing On Ice in 2010 that really got temperatures rising. After taking a short break to concentrate on his fitness training he’s back, larger than life, and ready to set pulses racing again. So, what would he reveal during “Stephan’s Six”?

What is the first smell that you can remember?
Oh, I don't know. The first smell… that’s a hard question. I’ll always remember when the grass had just been cut, because I used to play a lot of football. The smell was always really fresh, it just smelled of nature and rain. Yes, that smell. That’s the one that came into my head straight away.

What perfume do you remember your mum or dad wearing?
Probably Jean Paul-Gautier, I think it was just the thing everyone was wearing at the time. It was the one that looked like a sailor. [Le Male]. He also used to wear Joop, you remember Joop? Oh, and mum tells me that the first one he used to wear was Mandate. Then my mum always used to wear Angel, but now she wears Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. [At this point I remember that Danny’s parents are my age and I point out that I could be his father! I feel so old...]

What was the perfume of your twenties?
I tell you what, I went through a stage of wearing Burberry Sport but also tried Paco Rabanne 1 Million and 212. Yes, 1 Million was a choice for a long time. They all seemed to be fragrances that women liked the smell of.

What was your biggest perfume mistake?
What do I say? There’s nothing that I think is disgusting, or even that I really don’t like, but when I was younger I wore Amen, the men’s version of Angel. If I wear it now it makes me itch and gives me a headache. There’s not really one that I think, “that is horrendous”.

You can only choose one perfume, what would it be?
That's easy, Creed Aventus. Ever since I’ve started wearing it I just love it. Everyone you walk past knows what you’re wearing, or they’ve smelled it on someone else, but it doesn’t matter. Two or three sprays and you know you'll smell it all day. When I walked onstage in Panto last year the cast said that they knew it was me from the back!

What perfume should I try?
Again I would say Creed Aventus because it’s just one of those fragrances that everyone likes a lot, and also try Himalaya in the white bottle. Yes, give that one a go.

Danny Young can currently be seen in the film 24 Hours In London, the new action crime thriller directed and written by Paul Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment